Subject: RE: [Leica] Use of a filter on 90mm f/2 APO Asph
From: mehrdad sadat <msadat@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 21:54:19 -0700

I have tried and it works just great

Thanks
Mehrdad Sadat

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us]On Behalf Of Simon Lamb
Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2000 4:27 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: [Leica] Use of a filter on 90mm f/2 APO Asph

I am will be sailing over the next weekend and I will probably put a uva
filter on my 90mm AA lens to protect it form salt water spray and beer.  I
remember reading somewhere that there were problems with early 90mm lenses
because a filter could touch the front element.  The front element on the
90mm AA is bulbous and looks as though its outermost point is flush with the
bottom of the screw thread to which the filter would be attached.  I have a
Leica E55 UVA filter and the glass looks to be inset by about 3mm into the
filter ring.

Am I right in assuming that I can attach this filter to my 90mm AA, or do I
risk scratching the outer lens element.

Thanks.

Simon

Amateur images at http://www.phoenixdb.co.uk/leica