Subject: Re: [Leica] Techniques Please?
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:32:49 -0400

Rick Dykstra jotted down the following:

> Smiling? Your job is to take 'mum friendly' portraits of a few hundred
> children in a day.  Most are natural smilers.  Others haven't got a
> clue.  How do you get a nice, natural smile from the children in the
> latter category?

"Yo, kid!  You just won $20 worth of candy and tickets to the next Pokemon
movie."   <click>    "Nah, just kidding.  NEEEEXT!!"

> Sportsground Terrorist Gangs?  Another part of your job (you accepted
> the mission!) is to take team shots, often of the under 9, 10 and 11
> teams (hence the subtitle).  How do you get their cooperation for the
> three to five minutes it takes to line 'em up and take three
> crowd-pleasing shots?  You must also control the coach, manager and 20
> odd parents (assistants!).  Using R8, 50' cron and remote release.

Border collies are great for this kind of thing.

> Difficult Individuals?   There's one child in a hundred (usually a boy
> but not always) who's intent on being a problem.

A couple of cattleprods.  They start to get unruly, you zap the little
critters.

> I am developing some techniques of my own, but I'd appreciate your
> suggestions, even those that I'd only be able to use in 'wishful
> thinking' mode.

Happy to oblige!

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |