Subject: RE: [Leica] Techniques Please?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:48:43 -0400

Speaking of techniques.....

Having settled on Tri-X at 800 as my standard film and speed, I've been
looking for a faster film...recently shot about a dozen rolls of TMY 3200 at
1600, and while I got the pictures, the grain was pretty
overwhelming...so...just shot Tri-X at 1600 and took it to my goofy little
lab where they do machine developing and think in terms of RPMs rather than
time.....they use Ilfotec.....well....the Tri-X at 1600 is terrific....a bit
of loss of shadow detail, but really good tonality and grain is simply NOT
an issue.....

Replies: Reply from "Simon Lamb" <s_lamb@compuserve.com> (Re: [Leica] Techniques Please?)