Subject: Re: [Leica] R heat problems
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 21:30:11 +0200

Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 05:33:10 -0700
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>

Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow wrote:

> My R6 melted at around 50° one time. So did I, nearly.<<<<<<

Hi Rob,

Yeah I'd think that was a reasonable temp to melt! ;-) Wheweeeeee!

Man I sure hope you a cold beer handy after.  And if the R6 were black
body I wouldn't want to pick it up.  How was the film?  Although I
imagine OK unless you were cooking at 50 for very long.

ted
<<<<<<<<<<

That was a hot day. But, the year before, there was an international
one-day cricket match at Gwalior with a temperature of over 50° on the
pitch. One day matches are very fast! They really earned their money that
day. I was in Jhansi at the time, just nearby, and I recall riding a moped
in sandals - my feet burned up. I had to keep stopping the moped to let my
feet cool off, the air was like a hairdryer at full power. Unbelievable
heat. We used to drink several litres of water a day and never do peepee.
Funnily enough I've never had - or noticed, more like - problems with the
film (E100SW) in India. I usually buy a couple of hundred rolls for a 6
week trip and have never noticed any kind of colour shift. Sometimes it
goes for three months or more before processing. Maybe they make it
slightly less critical for the tropical market? More like a consumer
version? On the other hand I've never tested this kind of thing. After all,
outside of product photography it isn't really a major problem.
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena