Subject: Re: [Leica] HP printers
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:32:20 -0800

When talking printers, most of you folks talk EPSON. Is there any experience
arround with the latest HP models with PhotoRet III?

Hans-Peter
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hans

I recently purchased an Epson 1270.  I put an old HP photosmart printer into
semi-retirement.  I considered the HP a very good photo printer, though the
control was probably too limiting for someone doing a lot of printing.

My wife purchased an HP 970 Cxi for her computer before I bought the epson,
so I had the chance to give the HP 970 a real workout before I decided to go
for the epson series of printers.

I found the new HP really lacked the ability to reach the same quality of
blacks I was used to with my old HP.   It is my opinion that HP is not
trying to produce the best of the photo printers for such a small group.
It is my opinion that the Epson 1270 is a hands down winner over the HP.

Dave Stratton