Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: metal vs plastic/rubber
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 12:36:39 -0700

Buzz Hausner wrote:

> I agree with you Jim, but the shades you mention are a big step up from the
> collapsible rubber shades provided with the lenses for the CL.  I don't
> believe that all shades be metal, only that they be functional.
>
>         Buzz

I thought at the time I had my Tele-Elmarit that huge shade which doubles the
length of the lens could make the most flairy lens not flairy. It does not work
though at least for my lens. It just made me suspicious. The idea of coming out
with a tiny tele with a long lush felt metal lens shade make you suspicious?
mark Rabiner