Subject: Re: [Leica] Tell Me About This Lens and Charlton Heston
From: Sonnar502@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 18:04:08 EDT

Hey-ya Art -

I think the bit on whether or not the cap falls off is largely a matter of
the condition of the plastic "springs" on the reverse side; mine seem weakish
and the cap has indeed plopped off with little brushes and what-not.  Ah but
so!  They *are* meant for Series filters!?  I was wondering about that, just
wasn't sure which one.  STill, kind of a pain in my book, as I often find
myself wanting it off of there quick -- like when walking into a dark "soda"
in Costa Rica after being outside and wanting just that little extra stop of
taking oomph.

One thing I can say for this rubber thing: at least they seemed to use a good
type of rubber that doesn't degrade like some others.  Mine still works as
though it were new -- I think.  Ooooops!  So much for my mind over matter.....

Scott