Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 black paint/brassing
From: "Mark E Davison" <Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:55:41 -0700

I must confess, I am the happy new owner of an LHSA M6 TTL black paint
model. I've been using it for a week now, putting about 5 rolls of film
through it. No signs of brassing.

Kudos to Bill Rosauer for keeping the cost down by selling the bodies alone,
rather than commerative sets.

I love the look of this camera. I bought a regular black chrome M6TTL as a
back-up. The two are functionally identical, but the cosmetics of the two
are light-years apart. For those of you who know guns, the standard black
chrome matte finish reminds me of a sturdy parkerized military  gun, the
black paint model like a hand built gun with beautiful blued metal barrel
with engravings.

To anyone who has ever waxed the finish on your car--you know in your heart
that cosmetics can be important for reasons that cannot be justified
functionally.