Subject: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit Filter Stuff - Avert your eyes BD
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 22:53:15 -0600

OK! Here goes. The 90/2.8 Tele-Elmarit  came with either a metal shade or
folding rubber shade depending on vintage. The early and late production
lenses came with the 12575 metal shade that reversed over the lens for
storage and was then covered by the 14033 cap. It used E39 filters. The
middle production lenses were provided with a folding rubber shade (11250),
a filter adapter ring (11251) and a press on cap (11252). It would take E39
filters or, with the 11251 retainer, series 5.5 filters. If you are not
using a filter or are using E39 filters, you do not need the 11251 ring as
the filter thread will hold the 11250 cap as well (or even more securely) as
the 11251 ring. You can use the 12585 shade, or for that matter any A42
clip-on shade but the protection provided is minimal. Leica still lists the
12575 shade and the 14033 cap and they are also easily obtainable used.

John Collier

Oh! The filter retaining ring (11251) can be mounted before or after the
rubber shade (11250) which is why it is both male and female threaded.

Replies: Reply from Lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit Filter Stuff - Avert your eyes BD)