Subject: [Leica] New Bag for Leica M -- Perfect Fit
From: John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 11:46:00 -0400

I saw and purchased a bag yesterday for my M6.  I've never heard or seen
these before, but it is a perfect fit in a small and lightweight bag.
The brand is Kipling, the model is KIP 215.  Cost was $50.

It has an interior that looks like it was designed specifically for the
M cameras.  A center section where the body with attached lens sits
upright. Pockets for two extra lenses on either side.  A flap with
zippers and velcro to close over the interior.  Lots of zipper pouches
for filters, film, etc.  Nylon and well padded, with a strong strap.

It doesn't look like a camera bag particularly.  In fact my only
complaint is that it looks a little *too* much like my wife's
pocketbook.  But hell, I figured form follows fuction.

I looked at Kipling's web site and they don't show the line of camera
bags at all, so it must be new.  I did run across a press note that
Tiffen Company was distributing them.

John