Subject: [Leica] Re: Lighten the Load
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 15:03:50 -0500

In a message dated 6/8/00 7:08:45 AM, owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
writes:

<< >I purchased M equipment to reduce weight but am finding it heavy.
>I currently carry around whilist travelling
>M6 Body - Colour Slide
>M6 Body - B & W
>90m f2.8
>35Asp f2
>21Asp F 2.8
>50 m f2
>Sf20 Flash
>Leica Polarizer
>Gitzo table tripod
>Film
>misc
>
>Weight 6Kg + >>

>There is no denying that carrying a couple of M series Leicas with attached
>lenses on neck straps is analogous to tying a bag of bricks around your neck.
>The suggestion that you switch to an Olympus system is a good one - but if
>you wish to remain in the Leica fold you can pick up a CL with a 40mm
>Summicron and a 90mm Elmarit, add your 21mm lens with its viewfinder and you
>will eliminate at least 4 of those 6Kg. Of course you can always carry a
>Minox.

My setup: one body, a 90 TE, and a 35/2 black pre-ASPH (chrome is
much heavier than black), and film. Buy a Zing lens case with a belt
loop, put the 90 in the Zing on your belt. You won't even feel the
weight. Or buy two Zings, put film in the second one. Camera around
your neck, and no camera bag.

The CL is also a good choice, very tiny and light, especially if you
want to carry two bodies to have both B&W and color.

- -Robert
- --

- -------
PowerLogix R&D, Inc.
Main Office: 3921 Steck Avenue, Suite A105 Austin, TX 78759
(512) 795-2978 x107 (501) 421-7942 FAX (fax direct to my email)