Subject: [Leica] Patina and philanthropy
From: "Mark E Davison" <Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:32:01 -0700

I've got an idea for how to strike a blow for artistic philanthropy.

(The following suggestion is intended as a light-hearted joke.)

Convince the Leica black paint M collectors that the only way to get real
patina is to loan their black paint cameras out to students at photo schools
(art and photo journalism.)

The schools get the use of good cameras.

The collectors get real patina (not the fake kind you would get from pumice
in the dryer or random applications of abrasive pads.)

B.D. is happy, since the cameras are being used for a noble cause.

What do you think?

Mark Davison

P.S. Since I'm using my black paint camera in the pursuit of "art", I'm
going to keep it out of this generous scheme. My patina is going to be real.
Of course I will have to submit my portfolio to B.D. for approval <grin>.