Subject: Re: [Leica] The final installment of HUMAN TRAFFIC
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 23:15:13 +0400

Johnny Deadpan wrote:

>     http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/humantraffic/portfolio_15

1     I would really like it if the top and the bottom were chopped off. I know,
I know... you won't do it, you like it the way it is. I know. But for me, the
info is in the middle, and the heads of the real guys would flow nicely into the
poster-head. The rest of the pic contributes nothing except space. And I find
that that space doesn't contribute anything. So it's a keeper, but only if I
could have my way with it. Yeah well.... <smiley>
2    We all have many more of such pix, than we would like to have. (Except for
the majority of the people on this list, so they will love it to bits)
3    Yeah... nice.
4    Well.... let's try be honest, ey Johnny... If one stands on the sidewalk
and you press the stutter release when some motorgang drives by... then this is
what you get. We've all seen this sort of thing more gripping, no?
5    No
6    Very nice, except for the reflection in the window.
7    Yes, I like it
8    Hmm.... I'd cut the left off. Such that you chop off a little part of the
kid in the white shirt. But you won't; don't tell me: I know.
9    Mumble-mumble... not my thing, okay. Too multi-directional, without those
directions adding up into something pleasing. I've just been shooting dancers.
Modern dance. Wow, now those folks do nice multi-directional compositions! You
pic is what I call messy. But I know you love it.
10    Oh... quite good, really. You couldn't find them any uglier, I trust. Nice
pic.
11    My oh... aren't they sweet and pretty. Lovely. But I hate that face on the
left. Yes, you want it there, I know.
12    No
13    Dunno. Clean pic, but doesn't do a lot for me. I trust Steve Hooray will
supply you with the deeper meaning of this pic.
14    Not bad. However, since I'm going to pursue "disgruntled, angsty
teenagers" as a theme someday... this would be the sort of pic I'd discard.
There's not enough of my theme it it, to make it work. I know... it works for
you.
15    Yikes, but.... yeah... good. It really tells the sad story. One can see
the stages of the event.
16    Yeah well... you know what I think about this, right.
17    No added value over everyday life. I know... I know... don't tell me.
18    Yeah well..... no.
19    Too many players. But you like it that way. The guy with the cart and just
one more person, would have been good enough for me.
20    Myeah... you know..... this is pretty easy to do, so.... (again, the
non-shooters on this list will rave about it for days)
21    Oh? There is no 21.

I've done some 8 hours of Leica shooting today. I'm having some more of my Diet
Coke, and then I'll sleep. Tomorrow there's 10 more hours of Leica shooting in
stall for me.

Have a good trip to the Land of the Great Mosquito.

Bernard.