Subject: [Leica] Light Leak in G2 - Off Topic
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:05:59 -0700

Hello everyone,
I have posted this message on the Contax User Group but would like to ask
LUGers for suggestions regarding this problem:

One of my G2s has developed an intermittent light leak that manifests itself
in an odd way.
From the beginning of the roll to the end (24 exp.) there may be a many as 6
or 8 frames with a sliver of light of verying intensity vertically from the
middle of the frame to the top and including part or all of the edge.

The odd part about it is that from the first frames to the last, the light
leak is progressively closer to the left edge of the frame (right edge in
the camera). The difference in position is 3mm from first frame to last.

Has anyone experienced this phenomenon?

Obviously I will send it to Contax but would like to be able to establish
the cause prior to shipping it, at least to give the repair department a
point of reference.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Joseph Codispoti