Subject: Re: [Leica] Light Leak in G2 - Off Topic
From: "Mark E Davison" <Mark_E_Davison@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 04:52:41 -0700

I had an identical problem with a Canon 7. You could tell it was a light
leak because the streaks weren't present if you shot a roll indoors in low
light.

It was cured by replacing the foam light seals, which had rotted to the
point that they weren't doing their job.

With a newish camera its hard to believe your light seals have decomposed.
Maybe something is out of alignment with your camera back.

Incidentally the original charter of the LUG included all rangefinder
cameras, so legalistically speaking this discussion is on topic.

Note that one advantage of the M cameras bizarre load-from-the-bottom design
is that there are no foam seals to rot.

Mark Davison