Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: Steven Alexander <alexpix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:55:51 -0400

on 6/11/00 9:57 AM, B. D. Colen at bdcolen@earthlink.net wrote:

> So let me make sure I understand this bit of marketing genius:

> Good, God folks: If I have the basic facts right, this has to be a classic
> STUPID MARKETING MOVE for the text books...UNLESS....It is simply a very
> obvious signal that the only reason Leica is producing the R cameras at all
> is for prestige reasons, which may be the only reason is has kept the M
> alive,which would explain the utter lack of any kind of pro program or
> support...
>
> B. D.

or maybe there are only 17 USA buyers of this very special Leica lenes, or
maybe someone made a mathmatical error and left off 1 zero, 2 zeros in the
production order???  There is always the possibility that they don't care
about users and only want to support the trader/collector. I gave up on
Leica R cameras in 1987 when they wanted+/- $100 bucks to replace backs and
I got them from Minolta for $11.00, pretty good mark-up.

With no real competition I still use M's but I guess that could change,
after all I now use electronic mail more than USPS.

Happy snaps,

Steven Alexander

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> ([Leica] the 35-70/2.8 - already a primosaur?)
Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (RE: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???)