Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 12:45:23 -0700

Stephen Gandy wrote:
><Snip>
> #3 Photokina is coming up.  There is a good chance the 35-70/2.8 was
> discontinued because its being replaced with a new, wider zoom, that is even
> more expensive.
>
> Stephen Gandy.

The concept of a 35-70 fixed 2.8 being a gentlemans zoom not as big and bulky as
one extending to 28 or even 105 and perhaps having a quality advantage is going
out if it ever was in. The new Nikon 28-70 2.8 is a monster and cost twice as
much as the 35-70 2.8 which you can still buy new as long as the stock holds out
who knows if they will really make more? I don't think most Pros would think of
it as an option they'd go for the newer lens even if it's twice the size and
price; it's got the micromotor built in and the flower petal lens shade.
The Canon's are supposed to be sharp as heck but riddled with distortion.
But my zoom needs have been greatly simplified.
Mark Rabiner

Message from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???)