Subject: Re: [Leica] 35-70/2.8 out of production ???
From: drodgers@nextlink.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:13:03 -0700

Pitak

>>Total allocation of 17 pieces for the fiscal year? How long is Leica
fiscal
year? Two weeks of a calendar year? It can't be as long as a calendar year
if they can only produce and fill 17 back-ordered items a year.<<

Produce something that many sane people would consider to be astronomically
expensive. Have people lamenting the fact that the waiting period is
"years", not weeks or even months. Are we talking about a tool for making
pictures, or something more?

And we all wonder why Leica has a certain "mystique" :-)

Dave

PS Sounds like a marketing approach similar to a certain diamond monopoly.