Subject: Re: [Leica] Immune to brassing!
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:31:58 -0600

I certainly cannot speak authoritatively on this but one of the
justifications Leica used when they switched from brass to the zinc
composite top plates was zinc's superior ability to absorb shock. This would
imply that it actually is softer and would dent or mar more easily than a
brass top plate.

John Collier