Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Parts source?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:43:07 -0600

The M4-P has no special parts completely different from other M models. The
only significant change during production was from a brass to zinc composite
top plate. This was done to rationalise production with the then new M6. The
earlier brass top plate cameras have recessed range/viewfinder windows and
an "M" sync socket as well as the "X" sync socket. The later zinc composite
top plate cameras have flush range/viewfinder windows and only a single "X"
sync socket. There have been reports of late flush window cameras (M4-P, not
M6) with two sync sockets but I personally have not seen one.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Marshall Hunt <huntmc2@fuse.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: Parts source?)