Subject: Re: [Leica] Sell or part exchange?
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 08:53:37 -0700

Neil,

I don't know what the local market is like there, but I did a similar
trade-up of a 28 (previous version in very good condition, plus cash) for a
new 24. I recall getting 60 to 65 per cent of the resale value of the lens,
which was re-sold pretty quickly. I also had the option of selling the lens
myself, but it was too much of a hassle. You know the dealer, of course, but
I would try to talk up the trade-in value of the 28 a bit.

In any event, I never regretted the deal---the 24 is a really nice lens, one
that I'm using more than I thought I would.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.