Subject: Re: [Leica] it DOESN'T work well for leica!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 17:42:43 -0400

I agree with you.  I seem to have a much higher success rate with my
Minolta 9 and my 100/2.8 macro lens, when using it as a portrait lens
(which I do virtually 100% of the time).   I find with the Minolta that I
forget about the camera, and concentrate much more on what the model is
doing (in the case from last week, she was quite hyper-active), and what
else happens to be in the picture frame.

I know for a fact that the 90/2 AA is capable of taking incredibly sharp
and beautiful photographs, it is just harder to do so, without a lot of
practice (speaking for myself).  On the other hand, the Minolta 100 is no
slouch either and the AF of the Minolta makes things really easy.

I seem to get best results with my Leicas when I use them in a more
leisurly mode, walking about town, looking for interesting subjects to
photograph, without worrying about fidgety models.  For the latter, my SLR
seems to be more appropriate for me.

Dan C.