Subject: [Leica] RE: RE: Re: noctilux 50 f1.0
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:14:15 -0700

At 09:40 PM 6/13/00 -0700, mehrdad sadat wrote:
>Just a uv to protect the lens, I also have a 81b too.
>
>Thanks
>Mehrdad Sadat

Oh my god!!!

Another Noctilux bites the dust!

RIP  :-(

The reason Leica says no filters on the Noctilux is spelled out on the
Leica web site. It says that no filter should be used in situations that
have high contrast. Where is a Noctilux used? Duh! At night, or in the
dark, with a high bright to dark ratio. Listen to Leica. Don't use a
filter. Unless you like ghosting and flare.

Jim

NO FILTER

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: RE: Re: noctilux 50 f1.0)