Subject: Re: [Leica] f/8 and be there
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:16:25 -0700

><Snip>
> Hey guys,
>
> I have one!  ;-)  Bright shiny new looking with flash bulb reflector and
>  attached to a not bad looking Speed Graphic.
>
> So Mark, make an offer I can't refuse!..............  :-) Before you do,
> let me say I have my eye, "the good one" :-) on a new 80-200 for the R8!
> ;-)
Well Ted I've got a 80-200 F4 AF Nikkor which cost me 99 bucks and sharp a heck.
But as big as a 2.8.
They only made it the first year when the first went AF with their sorrowful 2020.
There was a non circular polarizer on it which makes me realize why the people
did n't like it.
Their readings had to have been all over the place.
A more useful photographic tool I've seldom used (the focal length).
but I got sick of the size of the thing.
It was even a twister instead of a pushme pullme.
I wont say was cause i still have it i am looking at it now...
and it is a 70-210 same difference.
Embarrassing how sharp this lens is I'll never sell it.
It's not in real use not for quality reasons.
just big that's all a typical job for me is shooting 5 rolls in 3 hours in the studio...
or i end up doing a lot of walking around with stuff.
Maybe if i did more push ups and pull ups and yoga and ate yoghurt and followed
a yogi
and learned to yodel and wasn't a yokel…

But I have NO IDEA what to offer for the speed graphic flash I'll do some
immediate research.
.. ask my yogi.
Mark Rabiner

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] f/8 and be there)