Subject: [Leica] macaroni & cheese
From: "William Gower" <wgower@eco-tec.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:46:42 +0000

>From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>

[snip]............

> Gary Elshaw wrote:
>><Snip>
>> In my under-grad years there were large periods of starvation, and
>> even larger periods of eating awful food. We used to discuss covering
>> the three major food groups and trying to get them covered. Nothing
>> else mattered when you had assignments etc due.

> One tablespoon of dry Wheatina = one cup of Wheatina in the bowl! Fills you
> right up!
> I put real maple syrup in it!
> I ate that for years in my 20's, and hard boiled eggs. The rest went for film!
> Mark Rabiner
> If i had to go it again I'd buy bags of dried beans and rice.

[end snip] ............

When I was a young lad of about 6 or 7, my father (a pretty serious amateur
photographer) struck up a friendship with a German couple. An unlikely turn
of evens found our entire family flying in my dads Twin Cessna from Winnipeg
Manitoba to Reno, Nevada. A horrible thunderstorm forced us to land in Walla
Walla, Washington, not before, however, I became airsick in the nearest
available "reservoir" - a canvas bag full of Leica equipment.

This was 1975, so, I'm betting there was a M3 or M4 or two in there.

Oh, FYI - I had been eating macaroni and cheese.

Regards

William