Subject: [Leica] electric power outages and the LUG
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:47:48 -0700

The computers that support the Leica Users List are on a battery backup
that can run for 1 hour in case of a power failure, but I do not have a
gasoline generator to continue after 1 hour.

Because of the extreme heat (I measured an air temperature of 45
centigrade in my darkroom on Wednesday) the electric power utility here
has been turning off the electricity at random for 2-hour intervals.
This has happened to me twice, and both times it has seriously
disrupted the mail computers. This situation cannot last forever, and I
know you will be patient with it for now.

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson) (Re: [Leica] electric power outages and the LUG)