Subject: [none]
From: "Michael Darnton" <mdarnton@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:14:17 PDT

I'm behind the curve with my answer, but I'm going through the same thing
right now, except it's a retirement party. I polled an old friend of mine
who's on a major newspaper, and he said the trick of choice in his
neighborhood was to make a wrist strap to hang a Vivitar 283 from (left
wrist) (I used a hot shoe adapter with a tripod hole in the bottom to screw
the strap into), and use the 283's eye's extention cord on the camera. I'll
be using a Stofen omnibounce diffuser, also. Focus with the flash hanging
from the strap on your wrist, then grab the flash and raise it overhead for
the photo.
   --Michael