Subject: Re: [Leica] New York
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 23:40:18 -0400

Bill Satterfield jotted down the following:

> I went to Tamarkin and they did not want to give me
> the key to the Loo but had mercy and finally did after a discourse.

Jikes.  What did they expect?

   "Can I have the key to the loo?"
   "No, sir.  The key is only for customers."
   "But I *really* need to go."
   "I'm sorry sir, we only give out the key to our customers."
   "Oh fine, give me an R8 with 50 Summicron then."
   "Certainly, sir.  Cash or credit?"
   "Credit."
   "Thank you, sir.  Just sign there.  Thank you.  Oh, sir?  The key?  The
    R8 and lens entitles you to three minutes, sir, so may I advice
    celerity on your behalf?"

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       | People don't like to be parameters
email: howard.390@osu.edu         | in an equation.