Subject: Re: [Leica] "Click"
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:00:35 +0100

> > Damian
>
> Damian,
> I do NOT think i share your "Click" madness but I do agree that Leica
> shutter releases make a different sound. All Leica rangefinders are quiet
> but I have noticed a difference between the different models that I have.
> So, I would have to say that my 111G makes the most noise, then the M3 with
> my M2 being the quietest.
>
> Steve
> Annapolis
>
> http://www.streetphoto.net
Nor do I share in the madness, but I have also noticed that no two of my
Leicas sounds alike.  My stand out favorite and best sounding to my ear was my
old M3. (which I sadly sold when a pressing need for money arose) sr. 701243,
a very early M.  This had the silkiest most buttery sound with not a trace of
sharpness, where as my M4-2 and M-6 both sound a bit louder and have a more
truncated beginning and end.
John