Subject: [Leica] Re:
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:41:28 -0700

At 9:12 PM +0200 6/19/00, Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow wrote:

>There is no great mystery here. If you need one candle to get the shot with
>a Noctilux wide open under a certain circumstance, you'll need 2 candles
>with a Summilux.
>
><<<<<<<
>4 I think. Intensity = something squared? As your kids grow, you can use
>slower and slower lenses for their brithday cake shots - f4.0 is sufficient
>when they're 64 years old - enter the tri-elmar!
>Rob.
>Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
>Via Bellentani 36
>41100 Modena
>Italy
>Tel/fax [39] 059 303436

If you have one candle, and can make the shot with a Noctilux, you will
need 2 with the Summilux (which has an entrance pupil approximately 1/2 the
area of the Noctilux, both wide open). If you move twice as far away from
the candle, you will need either 4 candles or EI12,800 film or....
Intensity varies as the inverse of the square of the distance.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com

Replies: Reply from "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> (Re: [Leica] Re:)