Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICAUSA: That ain't no customer, that's....
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 19:55:37 -0600

The grey market phenomenon is not limited to the USA. It occurs in many
countries such as Canada, England, European Common Market, etc. Presumably
there is this one magical country where it does not occur but damned if I
can find it! My explanation of why a national distributor would be unwilling
to lose money repairing under warranty equipment he did not sell was
intended to generate sympathy for the position Leica that puts them in by
selling to "Mr. X". I can only applaud the last statement and wish that
Leica felt the same way.

John Collier