Subject: [Leica] Re: More Bessa Stories
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 18:50:39 +0800

Dear Luggers,
Just back in Hong Kong and catching up on my emails. Had dinner with Tom
and Tuulikki A. just two days after Joseph and Adrian left Vancouver. It is
a small Leica world. Have used the 35mm summicron Asph ltm around the world
on my Bessa and enjoyed it very much. Will get all the photos developed
tomorrow. Stopped in London for one day to see my middle daughter dance in
Sleeping Beauty at Royal Albert Hall - snuck in the Bessa and the 75mm 2.5,
but even with ASA400 film, there wasn't enough light through the theatre
fog and green scrims to take a decent available light photo wide open at
1/8 to 1/4. Too bad - I really needed the 75 Summilux and ASA 1600 film!!
The viewfinder on my Bessa has come out of alignment a bit. I was prepared
to live with it but I looked through the viewfinder on Tom's Bessa R and it
is exactly in registration at infinity and I would like to adjust mine to
be the same. That is something I need to research. Rangefinder registration
is one of my fixations you may recall!  It is lovely to be back in Hong
Kong where I hope there will shortly be another LUG dinner before holidays
start.
Cheers
Howard.