Subject: [Leica] 90/2.8 M-Hexanon = 1931 50/2 Zeiss Sonnar
From: Gaifana@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:40:23 EDT

Got an an interesting discovery last night.  The catalog for the M-Hexanon
lenses shows a block diagram for this lens that makes it identical to...
Berthele's 1931 Sonnar (and I assume it is very similar to the Contax 90/2.8
Sonnar).  Of course, LD glass and multicoatings probably make the new ones a
lot better than the early examples.

Ineterstingly, after visiting Mr. Puts' web site, I noticed that the 85/2
Nikkor (LTM) bears a stronger resemblance to the Tele-Elmarit than it does to
the Sonnar.