Subject: [Leica] FS: Nikon FTn w/ 50/1.4
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:20:09 +1200

One Nikon FTn with 50/1.4 Nikkor-S lens for sale. It's very much in
user condition: scuffs here and there, surface scratches on the lens,
paint missing from lens, a little brassing of body etc etc.

I don't know where i am in the lineage of owners, but this camera has
been well used!

I've had some problems getting the lens to couple with the finder in
the last couple of days, suggesting it needs a retentioning of the
meter's pin. The meter itself was fixed and cleaned up about a month
ago, and has been working flawlessly otherwise.

I just realised i'm making the camera sound awful, i think that might
be indicative of my reluctance to part with it.

Anyway, after having a trawl through some prices, i'm not really sure
what i should be asking, so i'm going to say $230 U.S. + shipping. If
there is a wave of silence, i'll get to keep it!

I live in New Zealand, so if anyone finds it prohibitive to buy a
camera from here--good. That also means i get to keep it. Does anyone
see a pattern emerging here.... :-)

All the best, and have a great weekend all,
Gary

- --
- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I have had my own bloody relationship with Nixon for many years, but
I am not worried about it landing me in hell with him. I have already
been there with that bastard, and I am a better person for it. Nixon
had the unique ability to make his enemies seem honorable, and we
developed a keen sense of fraternity. Some of my best friends have
hated Nixon all their lives. My mother hates Nixon, my son hates
Nixon, I hate Nixon, and this hatred has brought us together.

Nixon laughed when I told him this. "Don't worry," he said, "I, too,
am a family man, and we feel the same way about you."

OO
[_]<|     Hunter S. Thompson: Rolling Stone, June 16, 1994
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University