Subject: Re:[Leica] basic flash recommendations for Bessa R
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:37:58 -0400

The older Vivitar 100 series flashes are hard to beat in $:performance.
I've got a Vivitar 102 and am thrilled with it on my Leicas when I need
flash. I don't have a Leica that uses TTL Flash (nor am I interested in
one) and so the simplicity of the all manual flash works great with an all
manual camera. My 102 would fit in a shirt pocket comfortably (if I didn't
have a pocket on my bag that it fit really well.) Considering I only spent
$10 on unit, I haven't any complaints about it at all.

The closest unit to mine that I found right now on eBay is a Vivitar 152
current cost $9.99 (no bids yet):

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=363600820

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube