Subject: Re: [Leica] my camera should work for _me_ not t'other way round....
From: "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:32:02 -0400

Kyle wrote:

"I'm probably in the minority here, but i don't think i should _have_ to
practice anything like framing or focusing. the camera, if it's not making
my life easier, is making my life harder, which in my book means it's
failing."

Well:

I kinda agree with Kyle.  I've got a beautiful M3 of which I'm very fond.
HOWEVER, I'd trade it in an instant for a decent M2, just so I could have a
built-in 35mm view and frameline.  Attaching an auxiliary viewfinder turns
an M series camera into a screwmount oldie as far as handling's concerned.

I was happiest with my long-departed (i.e., stolen) M4.  But, replacing it
seems just a dream.  A local dealer offered me an M4 (Wetzlar) the other
day...still in its original box with papers...for $4500!!!!  As I said.
It's but a dream.

Craig
Boston