Subject: [Leica] Intimations of an AE M
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:22:25 -0600

My newish TTL has an interesting feature that I discovered by accident
yesterday. The shutter release activates TWO switches before tripping the
shutter. The first switch activates the meter and the second switch locks
the meter reading!!! With light pressure on the shutter release the meter
activates and responds normally to changes in light levels, aperture setting
or inputs from the shutter speed dial; however, if I press further the meter
indication locks and any changes in light levels, aperture or shutter speed
dial makes no difference. Now all they have to do is use electronic controls
for the shutter curtains and we are in business.

John Collier