Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica - collaboration with Minolta, then Konica?
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:35:23 -0700

Don't know about the collaboration with Minolta for the CL and the R
cameras, but the reason Konica was able to bring out a camera with an
M-mount is that the Leica patent(s) for the M-mount expired a few years ago.
It's fair game, and they don't have to license the design from Leica
anymore.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.