Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: an M4 shouldn't have to be just a dream
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 01:29:18 +0100

Craig Roberts wrote:

> Bob Kramer wrote:
>
> "When I first starting looking for an M4 last December, I was in Boston and
> visited Park Square Camera.  Carl showed me one of those
> black-paint-somebody-died-or-climbed-mount-everest-they-only-made-twelve-of-
> these-babies specials for a mere $3800...".
>
> Craig sez:
>
> Well, Bob...that, no doubt, is the same camera.  Carl's made it even more
> desirable now by raising the price another $700 (!).  He's also got an M6
> mortals (except Ted Grant) aren't allowed to touch nor even breathe upon.
> It's an ostrich skin covered titanium model whose shutter curtains...
> obviously...are constructed of rubberized fabric from Oskar Barnack's burial
> shroud.  Its price is so high that even in its store display case, the
> camera is price-tagged "CALL".
>
> Thanks for the advice on finding an M4 for ordinary folk.
>
> Craig
> Boston
I picked up a very reasonable looking M4 at Hunt's in Melrose a few months
ago. The shutter release was a bit iffy, it sometimes took two pokes to
release the shutter. They asked $1000.00 for the camera but when I pointed out
the problem with the shutter release they sold it to me for $600.  I had my
favorite local Leica person CLA it and it came back working perfectly and for
a mere $150. So I got a nice M4 for about $750. There out there. The best way
is to find on not working too well and know a very good and inexpensive local
Leica man.
John Shick

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: an M4 shouldn't have to be just a dream)
Message from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: an M4 shouldn't have to be just a dream)