Subject: [Leica] Rubber finder ring smudges glasses...cure???
From: Michael Hintlian <MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:24:25 -0400

Cognoscenti!

The pair of M6's I am using daily are both 10 years old.  The thin rubber
ring around the finder is breaking down from age and use (I guess) and the
byproduct of this breakdown is leaving a oily/waxy residue on my glasses.
Its driving me nuts...I am constantly cleaning off my right eyeglass.
Leica service says they can replace the rings for $70. in parts plus labor
which turns into $200+ plus time without the gear.

So the question...has anyone found a quick cure for this?  Are there
alternatives?

As always, thanks for any and all help.

Hintlian

P.S.  90mm APO/ASPH is amazing.