Subject: [Leica] Film - freeze or cool?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:36:05 +0200

I hope someone has the definitive answer to this....

In my new house in Switzerland the fridge is quite small and I suspect
that my wife prefers to keep food in it rather than my films. On the
other hand, there is a huge freezer in the basement. I recall someone
saying that freezing film is not good for some reason, which I forgot.
What is the scoop? My impression is that freezing is OK as long as one
allows the film 12 hours to come up to room temperature before opening
the plastic canister.

TIA.

Nathan

- --