Subject: Re: [Leica] black M6 top plates bubbling like crazy
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:03:36 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/00 12:28:28 AM Central Daylight Time,
brice777@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 I have two black M6's and both top plates are corroding as manifested by
 tiny bubbles popping up (although not bursting) all over the place.

 Is it ironic that it gets worse every time i visit a tropical country?
 Additionally, on the trips I've made, I've visited a sulfur mine, where
 there was a tremendous amount of exposure to volcanic sulfur fumes... is
 this a possible culpurit? >>
Very likely this is just a manifestation of a poor job done at Solms and the
additional humidity is causing the chemicals that were not properly
neutralized to react thus causing the bubbles.