Subject: Re: [Leica] black M6 top plates bubbling like crazy
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:06:42 -0700

Uh-oh! Justin,
My heart goes out to you for your loss. I cannot diagnose the problem on the
web, but it sounds like you got your M6s infected with one of those rare
tropical fungus diseases- similar to "Jungle Rot", but affecting only
cameras.... it is NOT the same fungus that affects lenses, and so normal
anti-fungal procedures do not work.
If you will send me the cameras, along with your address carefully printed
on a fifty dollar bill, I will run them through the Electro-disgronifier,
give them a series of UVa and alpha particle treatments, and a thorough
work-up.
If they do not make it, I'll of course spare you the sorrowful task of
disposing of the bodies; we can actually inter them here, and send you
Digilux Photos of the plot.
Dan ( Acme Camera and Pet Semetary) Post