Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens Cap Redux
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:26:18 -0700

Muhammad,

My commisserations. I also lost one of those last month and wanted to
replace it because it's actually useful around here when it rains. The Leica
USA parts desk (try the email address on their Web site) quoted me a cost of
$30 (I think) for a replacement, but suggested that I contact a local dealer
first to see if they would discount it from the list price. I did, and the
dealer sold it to me for $24. My only consolation is that it seems to fit a
bit more snugly than the original, so I might hang onto it a bit
longer---but I'm a hopeless optimist.

The part number is 14043.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.