Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica R3 repair
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:18:45 -0400

Vick:

I have lots of Leicas but the only one I have three of is the R3. IMHO they
are:

Quite rugged (I have one that has been beat up rather badly and continues
to fucntion properly.

Equipt with enough operating modes for easy use but not so many as to
require a manual to operate.

Equipt with a PROPER on/off switch, separate from other controls.

More intuitive (to me) analog meter readout.

Available for little money.

You need three cam, third cam or ROM lenses for the R3. One and two cam
will work but will complicate metering. Yes there are no cam lenses. These
include some of the old Telyts. They work in the stop down mode.

IMHO opinion, an R3 is a bargain was to get into the R system.

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
 		      			  <kwilcox@gfn.org>