Subject: Re: [Leica] Incidentally, why are there so few women on the LUG? Seems a sham e.
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:42:44 -0400

As the woman most frequently on the LUG (I'm not sure what that says about
me!), I have to chime in here.  I care about equipment to the extent that I
want the equipment to perform when I need it.  It astounds me that LUGnuts
can say, "I took this with the early edition of the Summilux at f5.6 and
1/60th of a second."   I have a general idea of which lens I used but
that's it!  I buy the fastest lenses, the cheapest I can find them and use
them wide open at the slowest speed I can hold them.  That's why I need
Leica's.   I'm on the LUG list because I love you all and put up with all
of the talk about equipment to get the gems that you all occasionally
contribute about photography.

Leically,

Tina

At 04:11 PM 6/29/00 -0400, you wrote:

>Also, it's been my experience that women photographers don't care much about
>equipment. As an aside I recently was party to a conversation between some
>husbands and wives in which the gals all had a great time making fun of the
>guy's love affair with "gadgets" and took great pride in the fact that women
>don't care about such things.
>
>Bob (the gadget king) McEowen

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com