Subject: Re: [Leica] Wanted: Little Red Filter Thing
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 19:57:41 -0700

Doug-
They can cost you a bunch- 50-75 USD and I found a simpler way with my LTMs:
 I took an old orange Ilford VC filter- about a grade 2 or 2 1/2- and took
the bezel off the RF window, and set it on a corner of the filter- I turned
the bezel to mark the filter, and then used a small pair of scissors to cut
around the mark so the circle of filter material fit inside the perimeter of
the bezel, which I screwed back onto the camera- Voila! Contrast filter, and
unlike the ones that slip on externally, it is less prone to being lost!
You only need to lose one $50 filter that is impossible to see in the grass
to know what I mean!
Cheers!
Dan