Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Preview Lever
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:33:57 -0400

At 01:31 PM 6/30/00 -0700, Dave Rodgers asked:

>My M3 lacks a preview lever. <snip> That leads me to another
>point. I can't remember ever using the preview lever on my M6. It makes me
>wonder how important PV really is. Anyone out there find PV essential.

Yes, Dave, I use it frequently.  I find it to be one of the advantages of a
Leica M over an SLR.  For example, lets say I have a 50mm lens on the
camera.  If I wanted to photograph something wide, I might not be sure
whether to use a 35mm lens or a 28mm.  Or if I wanted to photograph
something farther away, I might not be sure whether I could use a 90mm lens
or would need a 135mm.  With an SLR, I could find out the answers, but it
might involve switching lenses a couple of times.  But with an M6 (or other
M camera), the handy preview lever provides all the comparative framings
immediately.

Art Peterson

Replies: Reply from Jeff S <4season@boulder.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: Preview Lever)