Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: a 28 Summicron-M at photokina
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 10:47:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/00 8:26:49 AM, ddh@home.com writes:

>I do prefer the wider view for street shots.  I'm tempted towards the
>
>24/Hexar RF combination that Joseph Yao has advocated here, but fear the
>24
>
>may be just a tad too wide (and distorted) for candids.

Nah! The 24mm is the perfect all-purpose lens. Just remember what Capa said:
"If your photos aren't good enough, you're not close enough." The 24mm is for
up-close and personal photography. Keep a subject prominent in the foreground
and you can't hardly go wrong . . .

Bob (if I could have only one lens . . . ) McEowen

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: a 28 Summicron-M at photokina)