Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Screw cameras & lenses
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 10:08:15 -0600

Dan S wrote:

> If the dealer offers a guarantee then don't waste your money having it
> checked over.  Take it out and use it at all the shutter speeds, make sure
> the rangefinder is ok and have fun.  These are REALLY simple cameras.  If it
> ain't broke, use it!

Only if that's a money-back guarantee or the store is known to have a
great service department! The problem with in-store warranties is one of
human nature: In-store warranties are an expense and they want to
minimize expense--fix it just well enough so that the warranty expires
before things REALLY go wrong. And will the service person know a thing
about Leicas? If the shop isn't known for great service, I consider the
camera to be AS-IS and will probably pay to have someone else perform
top-notch service on it.

Jeff Segawa

no archive